Music and Art
WHO WE ARE
If you've ever been to school, you know that the only subjects where everyone really gets involved in activities together are music and art. Singing and painting have been part of human existence since prehistoric times, and for good reason! They allow us to develop our own creativity, to experience and discover beauty and harmony. At the same time, we also feel a natural humility before the amazing works of the world's artists, who have managed to capture in colours or tones something existentially mysterious that many of us spontaneously perceive but cannot describe.
Music and art will energize you, refresh you with optimism and help you understand that singing and painting are other languages spoken everywhere in the world...
SURNAME AND FIRST NAME E-MAIL / PHONE LINK CLASS AND FUNCTION OCCUPATION
Cvečková Jaroslava, Mgr. firstname.lastname@example.org / 124 deputy director and statutory body music education, Czech language and literature
Mikulenková Tat'ána, Mgr. email@example.com / 122 head of section music education, Czech language and literature, English language
Myslikovjanová Jana, Mgr. firstname.lastname@example.org / 112, 3. A Music Education, Czech Language and Literature
Šimonková Tereza, Mgr. email@example.com / 118 marketing team member art education
Švidrnochová Sylva, Mgr. firstname.lastname@example.org / 104, 4. E music education, French language
Tomášková Marie, Mgr. email@example.com / 110, 1. E art education, Czech language and literature, French language
WHAT WE DO
There's so much that would make the www small. We offer most events to members of our school choir. In September we will have a choir camp in Hukvaldy, in December we will present our musical art to the public at a Christmas concert in the Church of St. Cyril and Methodius in Ostrava-Pustkovec. In the spring we will enjoy the competitive festival Svátky písní Olomouc and a spring concert. We go on excursions and competitions with those interested in musical history and contemporary music. This year we will offer our pupils Beethoven's Hradec, a performance competition in violin, and Brno, focusing on the personality of Leoš Janáček as well as the architecture of the city. Students in the Art Aesthetic Seminar will visit the Albertina in Vienna, the National
Gallery in Prague and regional exhibitions. We attend various programmes, talks, animations from the offer of the Gallery of Fine Arts in Ostrava, workshops from the offer of the Janáček Philharmonic and the National Theatre of Moravia and Silesia. We attend morning public rehearsals or evening concerts and theatre performances. We can be seen and heard at the Open Days.
We are organising the 5th annual art competition for the International Day of Francophonie for pupils of primary schools, secondary schools and grammar schools. The event culminates in a gala opening and subsequent exhibition in the school lobby. We also try to make the school beautiful by decorating it. We renew it regularly and we are glad that you notice and like it. Our ideas are seen and heard, as are some of your inspirations.
EVENTS IN THE SECTION
SCHOOL AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES – RECENT PAST
- Christmas concert of the school choir in the Church of St. Cyril and Methodius in Ostrava-Pustkovec, December
- Spring concert, date under negotiation
- Festival of Songs Olomouc: performance of the school choir at a competitive festival, 31 May - 4 June 2023
- Beethoven's Hradec: excursion to the house performance competition, 1-day, for 1st and 2nd graders, 14 or 15 June 2023
- Brno - the city of the avant-garde: for those interested across grades, end of June 2023
- Prague - National Gallery, Vienna - Albertina, Ostrava - regional exhibitions: for students of the Aesthetic Seminar, November-April 2023
- Open Day
- Francophonie Day art competition March 2023Programmes, talks, animations from the offer of the Gallery of Fine Arts in Ostrava, workshops from the offer of the Janáček Philharmonic and the National Theatre of Moravia-Silesia: visits to morning public rehearsals or evening concerts and performances according to the organisational possibilities of the school and the epidemiological situation
- Decorations in the school premises: Christmas tree, graduation classes