WHO ARE WE?
French has a long tradition at our school. Our six-year study programme, in which French is your main foreign language, guarantees you an exit level of B2 to C1. You will then be part of the so-called European section, a unique type of education with several subjects taught directly in French (history, geography, music). If you decide to take French as a second language (in a four-year course), we guarantee you proficiency at levels B1 to B2.
In our school, French will permeate you directly. We organize exchange stays with students in Limoges, France, work placements in Brittany, recitation competitions and Olympiads, discussions with interesting people, preparatory seminars for the DELF international language exams. Even the patron of our school, Pavel Tigrid, represents a link between Czech and French culture.
SURNAME AND FIRST NAME E-MAIL / PHONE LINK CLASSROOM AND FUNCTION OCCUPATION
Gardner Hana, Mgr. email@example.com /114, French language, English language
Gracová Dana, Mgr. firstname.lastname@example.org / 110, 6. E French language, special education
Habboudji Klára, Mgr. email@example.com / 110, French language, Spanish language
Pitříková Svatava, Mgr. firstname.lastname@example.org / 111, 5. E French language, Czech language and literature
Švidrnochová Sylva, Mgr. email@example.com / 104, 4. E, section leader French language, music education
Trochut Anne-Christine firstname.lastname@example.org /
Tomášková Marie, Mgr. email@example.com / 110, 1. E French language, Czech language and literature
WHAT DO WE DO?
To make your final exams less stressful, you can take the DELF international French exam directly at our school. You can take the exam at four levels (A1, A2, B1 and B2). While the A levels are more motivational, having a B2 in French, for example, means something. We will prepare you for the DELF both in class and in specialised seminars. At our school we have five teachers directly trained for the exams.
And we go to France, of course. As well as an exchange stay with a school in the charming town of Limoges, you can go on an experience trip to the mysterious Brittany, for example, or try your luck at the entrance exams for the lycées in Dijon and Nîmes. Many of our students are proof that you can
get in. And we don't stop at secondary schools: we also have links with the prestigious SciencesPo college in Dijon, where several of our graduates have studied and are currently studying. You can go to Lorraine for a year to study, visit Strasbourg, the cradle of the European Union, or discover the beauty of Provence. In addition to the traditional activities, we come up with something new every year.
Do you want more? - Then you are right at home among the enterprising French speakers. You can shine in the French Olympics, show off your recitation skills or gold in your throat (all in French, of course), or learn something in creative workshops with eminent personalities. Our students also win national competitions, so motivation is high. And after the competitions, you can relax at the Breton evening we organise at the PANT centre, watch a French film, take in a play or take part in the Francophonie Day celebrations. There's always something going on!
But French is not just our high school. We work with a number of institutions that are trying to make this cultured language thrive - the French Embassy and the French Institute in Prague, and especially the French Alliance in Ostrava. In 2017, our school was awarded the LabelFrancÉducation quality seal by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs - and only five secondary schools in our country have this seal. In 2021, the LabelFrancÉducation quality seal was extended for another five years in the personal presence of the French Ambassador to the Czech Republic. French in our country simply means something.
EVENTS IN THE SECTION
FRENCH LANGUAGE SUBJECT SECTION PLAN FOR THE 2023/2024 SCHOOL YEAR
- Visit of the director of AF Ostrava - lectures in classrooms
- "Vivre le français" - year-long project (volunteer work of JGPT students in organizing cultural activities of the French Alliance)
- Start of the course "Preparation for DELF B2" - on demand
- European Day of Languages - in-class activities + September Brittany Day
- Spectaculo Interesse - festival - guided, interpreted by JGPT students
- Participation in the "French Autumn" festival in AF - film performance
- 19 October - visit of the cultural attaché
- Enrolment for the student DELF + DELF mock test (we will see if it is possible to implement)
- Joint workshop of JGPT and SŠSS Ostrava students - preparation for summer work placement
- Opening of the translation competition of the Faculty of Arts OU
- Slippers Day - charity event for Ondrášek mobile hospice
- Launch of the project "Reading aloud of French poetry" + invitation to primary schools to participate in the competition - each school would be evaluated separately
- Open Day - presentation of the activities of the FrJ section + lecture on university studies in France and on studying French in the Czech Republic
- Student DELF at JGPT
- Translation competitions - UP Olomouc, Juvenes translatores
- Lecture by the Director of the SciencesPo Dijon Campus, Mr. Lukáš Macek, on studying at this school
- Breton evening for JGPT students and the wider public at the PANT Ostrava Centre
- Opening of the "Plume d'or" French writing competition
- Presentation of the study in France (Campus France) and the "Year in France" programme
- Lecture on studying in Czech sections in France (Dijon, Nîmes)
- Lecture by a former JGPT student about her studies at SciencesPo in Dijon
- Launch of the project "Simulation of the European Parliament session in French"
- Fresque du climat
- Launch of the first information on the Suburban Camp
- School round of the French Conversation Competition
- Motivational visit of pupils from Škarvady + Pokorný primary schools
- Open Day - presentation of the activities of the FrJ section
- Exchange stay at the Jeanne d'Arc School in Limoges, France
- Olympiade - art competition on French theme - opening on 27 March
- School round of the French Poetry Reading Aloud Competition
- Participation of selected students in the Regional Competition in singing French songs
- Participation in the show "Je sais faire en français" - Český Těšín
- Francophonie Day - afternoon - various activities for primary schools, film evening
- Visit of pupils from the French school in Limoges in Ostrava
- Regional round of the French Conversation Competition
- National round of the French Poetry Reading Aloud Competition - French Institute Prague
- Student Scientific Conference of the Department of Romance Studies of the Faculty of Arts of the OU
- Judo lesson with young French athletes
- Ambassadeurs/ambassadrices en herbe
- DELF diploma ceremony
- Joint activities of JGPT students and French trainees from SŠSS Ostrava
- Visit to the French Alliance in Ostrava and the Belgian café La Petite Conversation
- Escape game - visit to AF
- Vichy - week-long student internship - March to June (2nd E, 3rd E)
- Switzerland - sightseeing trip with German language section (4th E, 5th E, second languages)
- Erasmus traineeship - June - teachers only
- Project Kundera - one month exchange internship in France
- Développement durable - awaiting accreditation for a school in Alsace
Discussed and approved by the French language subject section on 29 Aug and 4 Sep 2023
Drafted by: Mgr. Sylva Švidrnochová